The First Start Apprenticeship Program is designed with the needs of the industry in mind.
The NJRHA & NJRREF have developed a federally approved apprenticeship program that will allow restaurants and hotels to mold career-orientated individuals into loyal chefs and managers that meet all their needs.
The Apprenticeship Pipeline
- Current & Prospective Employees
- ProStart Students
- College Students
Apprentices can choose to become a Chef Apprentice and focus on BOH or a Restaurant Manager Apprentice with a focus on FOH. All apprentices recieve hands-on training in your restaurants and are required to supplement the training through college education.
Completion of the Program includes the following credentials:
- ServSafe® Food Handler
- ServSafe® Food Safety Manager
- ServSucess Food Service Professional
- ServSuccess Food Service Supervisor
- Unconscious Bias Training
- Sexual Harassment Training
NJRHA Gains Grant
- Covers educational expenses for apprentice
- Any additional funding is provided to employer to help with payroll costs